Vice Chair: Vacant
Members: David Uebersax, Steven Fuhrman, Tom Sattler, Samantha Ludwig
Meets as needed on: 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm, Winnetka Convention Center
Goals: To provide community input to the City's Planning & Land Use Management process. The PLUM Committee will hear all proposals for any development, building, or land use issues that are planned within our boundaries.
This is the first stop for most developers once they have filed their requests with the City. Our job as a Neighborhood Council is to review the matter before the City hearing date and provide our recommendation on whether the WNC approves, rejects, or requests a modification to the request.
Winnetka NC Planning & Land Use Management Committee Procedural Resolution
The PLUM Committee adopted a Procedural Resolution January 2017, outlining how the committee will work with developers. Please see the Procedural Resolution for details. The PLUM Committee will:
- Consider all proposed developments that will impact Winnetka
- Meet with developers as early in the process as possible, possibly multiple times to provide guidance
- Only consider approving a project after it has been submitted to City Planning and assigned a case number
- Require developers to provide mailed meeting notices of every meeting
- Require financial backing disclosures, relevant reports, site plan, renderings and more
- Require applicant to sign a voluntary agreement of intent to comply with conditions requested by the Board.